lunedì 4 maggio 2009

Reflection on Research Paper, PACS II

In doing this research paper assignment, I do not feel that my research skills were improved significantly at all. I was trained in high school to write at a college level and graded as such. In fact, my last high school paper, that of my senior project, was a college level paper and graded as if it were for a college class - it was reviewed by teachers and community members and received an "A". It should be noted that I did not have previous experience using a database like J-STOR or any of the others we were introduced to, however, they were not difficult to use and they operate similarly to a card catalog in a library - not a new idea (so I don't really think the experience gained was substantial - though it was nice to know we had access to so many other works outside the library).
What I will say about the assignment is that my style was improved, but this was by way of the instructor and not the paper. In pointing out the drawbacks and negative aspects of my paper, I believe Professor Klunk improved my writing.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento